Monday, April 30, 2012

A Final Date in The City

As our final week in The City comes to a close, Boyfriend and I took to The Park for our final date before heading home to The Southernland.

The afternoon began with a quick lunch at Europa, where I first took Boyfriend for lunch when he visited me in The City over two years ago. He made inappropriate comments, I rolled my eyes, children screamed from across the restaurant. It was magical.

Next Boyfriend surprised me by stopping into a Build a Bear Workshop and constructing for me a unique stuffed dog, which we named Valentino after the restaurant where we had our first date. Boyfriend carefully chose the perfect body and allowed me to stuff it. However, it was Boyfriend who made a special wish and kissed the tiny red heart placed inside every Build a Bear creation. I thought he did a much better job than the nine year old girl who went before us. 

We then walked the twenty blocks to a bicycle rental facility, where we were ignored by the employees for five minutes. While waiting patiently for Boyfriend to step up, I gracefully pushed him into the front desk, ensuring nobody could ignore us any longer. After a brief tutorial on how to ride a bike (it's been a while!) Boyfriend and I were off to The Park. He with his bicycle-basket full of feminine goodies and I with my badass and masculine black bike. Boyfriend refused the couples two-seated bicycle that I pleaded for so he needed some sort of punishment.

We made our way from the bottom of the park to the 100's...in the rain...biking the whole way. I'm sure it seems as if it could have been quite the romantic trip, and it was to a certain extent. But Boyfriend failed to remember my constant habit of complaining when forced to perform manual labor. Why didn't anyone tell me The Park has so many mountains?!  After showing up all the Lance Armstrongs in their spandex and aerodynamic helmets, Boyfriend and I stopped for icecream (my idea-his money) and enjoyed it under a few trees.

After returning our bicycles, Boyfriend decided to take me out for quite the dinner at Outback Steakhouse, of course. Such a romantic.

So our final date in The City wasn't at all what we expected. We were rained on, I was more out of shape then I realized, and dinner was nothing more than a commercialized meal for two with an overdecorated waiter. Regardless, it was fabulous and it spoke to exactly how our time in The City has been: nothing at all what we planned.


No comments:

Post a Comment